Fresh Alpha 5 update brings improvements of Qt Quick Controls, aligns to newer Tizen 2.2.1 and standard Qt 5.2 RC 1 released week ago.
Read on to discover what new and enhanced features of Qt for Tizen are available for mobile and IVI users.
What’s new in Qt Tizen Integration 1.0 Alpha 5?
What’s new in Qt for Tizen Alpha 5?
How to Install?Detailed instructions for installation from scratch have been prepared for application developers at http://qt-project.org/wiki/Build-Qt-for-Tizen. They explain all prerequisites such as installing Tizen SDK and dependencies. The installation process has been tested with Ubuntu/Kubuntu 12 and 13.
Users of previous release (Alpha 4) can follow this HOWTO.
Known IssuesSee this wiki page for a list of known issues.
Join Us!Qt for Tizen SDK support can be extended to other Linuxes, Windows and Mac OS X. Volunteers interested in that or in any other tasks are invited to contact (see Updates below). Feedback from application developers is highly welcome too.
Remember, you can always join us! Not only as a software developer - if you love technology, a Media Partners program exists to better reach global and local communities and individuals potentially interested in Tizen and Qt for Tizen itself.
Further PlansFurther integration between Qt and Tizen specifics and services is already in the works. The focus is now put on supporting Tizen 3.0. Qt SDK for Tizen for many Linux distributions and support for Mac OS X and Windows would be added. Our road map is developed in the open.
CreditsSoftware development for this release has been contributed by Tomasz Olszak (build scripts, packaging, Qt Creator plugin). A number of engineers working on Qt applications (including games) for Tizen gave their valuable feedback. Testing and improvements were offered by numerous other Qt Project contributors. All contributors are listed on the wiki page.
UpdatesIf you wish to follow the initiative or comment please do so below on this blog or at your convenience use the following places:
- Development mailing list is shared with general Tizen development list: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscribe here).
- Contact point for users of Qt for Tizen is shared with the Tizen Native Application Developers mailing list: email@example.com (subscribe here). Alternatively, use Tizen Native Application Development forum.
- Mailing list for developers of Qt itself: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscribe here)
- Mailing list for users (of Qt): email@example.com (subscribe here)
- Blog - articles and announcements
- Twitter @QtForTizen - latest news
- Facebook @QtForTizen - latest news
- Google+ community - latest news
- Video channel qtfortizen
- IRC channel: #qt-tizen at irc.freenode.org (you can also connect via web browser here)
AboutQt for Tizen is an initiative by software developers and for software developers, aimed at bringing the full Qt Creator-based developer experience to Tizen application design and development. Potential reuse of prior Qt, C++ and QML knowledge gained by several hundreds of thousands of software engineers is especially beneficial. The project is purely community-driven and free software/open-source friendly so anyone can join. Detailed introduction to the initiative is available on the Qt Project wiki.
("ALPHA 5" logo based on W3C logo, CC BY 3.0 http://www.w3.org/html/logo)
Post a Comment